Pavetuf Jointing Compound
An easy to apply all weather Jointing Compound, available in a range of 2 colors.
- Use in wet and dry conditions
- Use with paving joints as narrow as 1/8” and as shallow as 3/4”
- Jointed areas can be walked upon after just 18 – 24 hours
- No waste, can be re-used
- Easy to apply, durable and eco – friendly
|Granular, traditional||Choice of 2; grey and buff||Simple and relatively quick, 1 person job. Suitable for DIY and trade professionals.|
How to use the Pavetuf Jointing Compound
Pavetuf Jointing Compound is a quick and simple way to securely joint your new paved area and can be used with our VitripiazzaTM, ClassicstoneTM and PremiastoneTM range.
Pavetuf Jointing Compound is suitable for use with most paving types, apart from block paving, however some paving can be prone to staining. Before applying, test a small area first to ensure your paving does not discolor.
7 EASY STEPS TO GREAT LOOKING PAVING
- Thoroughly pre-soak the area before application. The more water used the better the result.
- Pour Pavetuf Jointing Compound evenly across your newly laid paving. Top Tip: To help stop staining thoroughly soak the Compound in the tub before putting on the paving.
- Using a stiff broom, brush the Compound into the joints ensuring that they are completely filled.
- Ensure that the surface of the paving and Compound are kept wet during the application.
- Repeat step 3 until all joints have been filled.
- Top up any joints that haven’t been filled properly and wash off the excess Compound from the surface using a watering can or hosepipe with a low water pressure.
- As the application involves water it needs to be applied in temperatures of 40 degrees F and above.
- The more water added, the easier it is to move the Compound and fill the joints.
- Why not add water into the tub, along with the dry Compound before pouring the Compound onto the paving.
- If you are using Compound from a tub that has been opened previously and soaked in water to preserve it, when you come to use this with new tubs of Jointing Compound, you should mix the open tub with a new tub before application to avoid color batching.
Important: Please note that staining can occur on the paving, especially near the joints, if it is not kept soaking wet throughout the application process, and if any surplus Jointing Compound is not removed from the surface of the paving.